|A double-page from An Invention|
- the graphic essay, graphic non-fiction or 'educational comix': SDS: A Graphic Essay; A People's History of the American Empire; Introduction to Chile (A Cartoon History).
- the Archive Collage: Benjamin's Arcades Project; Goldsmith's Capital.
- the Exploded Essay: McLuhan and Fiore's The Medium is the Massage.
- the Poster Essay or wall chart: the Blueprint for Counter Education.
- 'zine forms: Laura Grace Ford's Savage Messiah; Paul Hawkins' PlaceWasteDissent.
- treated text: Tom Phillip's's A Humument; ReVerse Butcher's On The Rod; my own An Invention.
- Condensed novel: Ballard's The Atrocity Exhibition
- artist's books, from Dada through Pop to contemporary artists
- the visual poem
- forms of the Digital Avant-Garde: James Knight's Void Voices
- the Visual Anatomy: Leanne Shapton's Important Artifacts...;
- the Artefact: Anne Carson's Nox.
None of these involve the various forms and modes that the comic or graphic narrative or sequential art (choose your label), except the first, which turns those techniques to non-fiction. There must be plenty of others, which I'm intending to pursue.